Tuesday 16 September 2014

Problem importing Managed Metadata Service

Thanks to this very nice post from Chaitu Madala, I was able to move my Managed Metadata Service from my Dev environment to Test.

I was quite pleased with this progression, but when I moved to my Test environment, I got the following error:

Import-SPMetadataWebServicePartitionData : The conversion of a nvarchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value.
The statement has been terminated.
To fix,

  • SQL Server Management Studio > Security > Logins
  • Find the account that is running the Application Pool for your MM Service App, 
  • Go to the properties for that login and see what the Default Language is.
  • If it is set to British English, then change it to English
  • Click OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment